Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hard to lose...

It's hard to lose important people in your life. I've lost too many in the past three years. Lost Dad to Parkinson's Disease and, yes, I know he's in a better place. Lost some extremely important people in my life to distance--both literally and figuratively--and time and career. Lost my great circle of friends from my life in Crookston (I still try to keep in touch, but it's difficult and it's not the same).

Some say, "Just give it time, you'll make new friends." Maybe, probably. But I liked the relationships I had! In some ways I wish I was a superficial person, because it would be easier to not miss people... It takes me too damn long to build the trust I need to be friends and too damn long for me to let them go when they go. I know I've got to work on that, because it seems everybody always leaves or is left...

Sorry to be such a downer, but that's where I'm at.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...