Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Six Feet Under

Last week I picked up season four of HBO's show Six Feet Under. I watched all twelve episodes in two days. Tuesday, I picked up the just released season five--the final season. I plan to watch one or two episodes tonight, I'm sure it won't take me long to go through them all.

I'm not sure what it is about this series I like so much, but it is addictive. There's a lot of sex, drugs and dysfunction, but I think the thing that gets me is that the characters are so strong. And despite all the problems they face and all the death that surrounds them, there is some sense of optimism in the show--they do come together as a family and accept each other. Dysfunctional, yes. Enjoyable, definitely.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...