Saturday, October 08, 2005

Cool music video alert

It's been quite a while since I've seen a music video that ranked as notable in my book. (MTV doesn't play music videos anymore, and VH1 only plays them during the later hours of the a.m. Anyway...) But early this morning on VH1 I saw the new video by that new new wave group the Killers: "All These Things That I've Done" It instantly brought me back to those days in the 1980s when a cool new music video was a major topic of discussion.

The video, shot mainly in black and white, is a surreal pastiche of women throwing boomerangs, band members as suburban cowboys, and falling. Not surprisingly, it is directed by Anton Corbijn, a verteran video director who also brought us the nifty video imagery of U2's "One" and Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence." You can see these videos along with the Killers' latest on a compilation DVD "The Work of Director Anton Corbijn" on PALM DVDs. Go out and buy it now.

I've had the Killers' CD in my collection for well over a year and, actually, about a year ago "All These Things That I've Done" was pretty heavy on my personal playlist. Glad to see it received a great video treatment. COOL BEANS!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...