Tuesday, October 11, 2005

...and I feel kinda crappy...

Yeah! October is here! My birthday month! Woo-hoo!

...and I feel kinda crappy... September is one of my favorite months; October comes after that. And despite the fact that it's my birthday month, I kinda always feel crappy in October--and let's not even talk about November, the worst month ever.

I'm sure it all has something to do with the diminishing length of the day. It's darker each morning and darker sooner each evening. Then daylight savings time ends, and it's even worse. I really hate late autumn and the resulting seasonal affective disorder it brings.

I also miss friends and relatives. My social life here in Sioux Falls hasn't really materialized. I don't really have anyone I can just hang out with here in town. Occasionally friends come to visit: Charlie from Lincoln every so often, Karl from St. Cloud once a year, a few relatives maybe once a year or so... Alex and Holly from Crookston came down in the spring.

Sorry, I know I'm wallowing a bit, but this is the most depressing time of the year from now until January 1. Only 80 days to go. Woo-hoo! >Sigh<

1 comment:

Cameron Brauer said...

Maybe you should start tanning and join some clubs like rotary, sam's club, the civic association, the ladie's auxiliary, or a dance club? Or better! START a secret society that involves late night conclaves and tanning!

Just trying to help...

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...