Monday, October 24, 2005

39 and counting...

So, in a little more than 14 hours I will turn 39 years old (my mom told me I was born around 9 a.m.). One more year before that milestone of 40! Don't really have any problems with 39, or 40 for that matter, but it is a little odd to think about time and lifespan. Most of my friends have been married for a number of years and many of them have children who are as old as 10 or 11 or older. I don't have much to show for the carrying on of the ol' genetic material, but that's okay. There are plenty too many people in the world as it is.

Upon reflection I'm thankful for the many friends I've made in 39 years, most notably Charlie, Karl & Jody, Chris & Heidi, Alex & Holly, Peggy and so many more. Overall I'm thankful for my experiences at GHS, UMM, UMC, and now the Washington Pavilion. I'm thankful for my family--mom and dad, sisters and brother, nieces and nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles...

My wish for the coming year is to gain more confidence in my job and to try to eliminate debt. Here's to 40-minus-1!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! (Celebrate with cinnamon rolls?)

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...