Monday, June 06, 2005

Enthralled by Mythbusters

Okay, I admit to being a bit of a dork and maybe even somewhat of a geek (and the following doesn't help help my case any either), but I have to admit that I am totally enthralled by the show Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. CST). Jamie and Adam are just too cool, and they get to do fun things like blowing things up and making things sink and doing all sorts of damaging things to Buster, the poor crash test dummy.

They both have a certain personal style, too. One sports a walrus-like handlebar moustache, a shaved head and a black beret, the other has a goatee, big 50's style geek glasses and often wears a fedora.

I've been watching the show since it came on about two years ago, and they still find interesting things to test every week. And they know their stuff! What a cool job they have, getting paid to test urban myths. This week they will try to build a working jet pack of their own, and they are likely to succeed! It's edu-tainment at its finest in my book.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...