Monday, May 23, 2005

Episode III, part 2: The Zen of the Jedi

Also, I noticed a very Zen moment from the Jedi master Yoda. "Let go of the thing you fear losing the most, you must." (or something like that). That and a comment about the dark side being about absolutes and the Jedi way not being fundamentalist. (Is it just me or did anyone else notice the polical commentary and how the rising empire mirrored what is happening here in the US?)

Letting go is something I'm not particularly good at. I am working on that on many levels, but the Scorpio in me makes that a challenge. Zen is all about letting go and making the most of the very moment here and now. Modern religion could sure learn a lot from the Jedi (and from Zen). Maybe I should train to be a Jedi... Now THAT is truly geeky, I must admit.

1 comment:

onesmallheart said...

Thanks for your comments to my blog or blogger taking your post about the Jedi Council Supreme Master, Yoda's line in the Episode III regarding, Letting go

You quote yoda much better than I do..
Cherish your geekhood, love it, nurture it, curse it when you need to, practice it and accept it

I think Yoda would wish that for you..

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...