Monday, May 23, 2005

Episode III

Yes, it's the end of an era, the end of a saga (and sort of a beginning of one), and the official end of my youth, I think. Episode III of Star Wars was fun in its own way, mildly disturbing in another. You sense an ambivalence? Well, duh!

The storyline was fine. We all knew the outcome, but how we got there was, at times, gripping. The special effects were cool. And yet there seemed to be lacking a certain heart. Upon reflection, I think it may be attributed not to the film, but to the person who is me who watched this film (vs. the person who was me who remembers the original episodes IV and V). If I were that age again watching Episode III, I'd probably be saying how ultimately cool it was, and it was really pretty cool!

And yet, it seems to be a sort of bookend for the first part of my life. You, yes you, the occasional reader of this blog, know somewhat vaguely of the challenges of this past year. Lots of 'em and more I didn't detail here. I think they were all about growing up...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...