Sunday, March 06, 2005

I Heart Huckabees

Just watched I Heart Huckabees on DVD last night. It's an interesting, funny movie about the meaning of life. It had an almost stream-of-consciousness quality that made me think it was either: 1) extremely profound or 2) directed by someone experiencing a fantastic drug high.

It involved existential detectives who watch every aspect of people's lives. What it comes down to is that we struggle with finding meaning in life between the polar concepts of everything being intimately connected and potentially joyful and everything being disconnected and filled with misery.

I have to admit it's one of those movies that I hope is enhanced by multiple viewings. There are some very funny moments, to be sure. Made me think about a lot of stuff. I think I lean toward the idea of everything being connected... So ask yourself, is reading this entry somehow connected to what you have going on in your life? No? Okay, nevermind...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...