Monday, February 28, 2005

So what is midlife anyway?

A good friend of mine who lives in Las Vegas called me last night. He'd been in a car accident, but walked away from it without a scratch. Not his fault, he was rear-ended. But it shook him up a bit--a brush with mortality. He's been struggling with being in his mid-thirties and wanting to be a father and wanting to make a difference in the world and feeling he's coming up a bit short.

I often think similar thoughts. He's been going through sort of a midlife crisis or a pre-midlife crisis. At least he's married. So what is midlife these days anyway? 35, 40? I suppose. Sort of makes me wonder if I'll ever even collect any of the money I've paid into Social Security. Especially if they change it/dismantle it under the big W.'s plan to make the wealthy even more obscenly wealthy.

I don't know where I'm going with this entry, but it does reflect my social insecurity and my disdain for 'king W. Blah!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...