Sunday, January 30, 2005

Loneliness finds her own way

So I woke up this morning just feeling lonely. It's been about seven months now that I've lived here in Sioux Falls. I've learned my way around fairly well and met a lot of people. I've had friends and family come to visit me. I've reconnected with some friends and am on the way to making a few new ones. That's all normal and good, and from years of living with and by myself I have learned that I may appear, at first, to be a bit aloof. The fact is that I am a bit shy, and it just takes time for me to feel at home in a new place.

All that said, I'm just damn lonely today.

There's a difference between solitude and loneliness. I often appreciate solitude. Loneliness is an unwanted burden. I do hope that does not end up my fate--to be alone. I guess most of us worry about that a bit. Here's hoping I don't end up alone...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...