Sunday, November 02, 2008

Top 12 Albums of 2008 (so far)

Okay, so my previous post go me thinking about the top albums of 2008 (I'll do a top 12 because there are 12 months in the year...and because they're my rules). Here they are, with the full realization that there are still 2 months to go:

1. "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper
2. "The Stand Ins" by Okkervil River
3. "Fleet Foxes" by Fleet Foxes
4. "Accelerate" by R.E.M.
5. "We Have Cause to Be Uneasy" by Wild Sweet Orange
6. "Three Flights from Alto Nido" by Greg Laswell
7. "Gift of Screws" by Lindsey Buckingham
8. "Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground" by Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground
9. "I'll be Lightning" by Liam Finn
10. "Oracular Spectacular" by MGMT
11. "Life Like" by the Rosebuds
12. "In Rainbows" by Radiohead
(okay, Radiohead released their album digitally in 2007, but the CD came out in 2008, and I didn't count them in 2007 because of that. Sorry, but, again, my rules...)

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...