Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Joy of Laundromats

Since I've moved into my new house in June, I've yet to purchase a washer and dryer. That means every two weeks I load up the truck and make an exodus to the local laundromat.

At first, it seemed to be a bit of an annoyance to have to gather everything, load it in the truck, drive to the laundromat, unload the truck and do the washing. I've come to see the beauty of the process, however--especially if I make an early Saturday morning run. At that time I nearly have the place to myself. I can run 4 or 5 loads simultaneously and have nearly endless options for dryers. What used to take all night or afternoon, now can be done in about an hour and a half.

Thank you, laundromat! I may put off buying that washer and dryer indefinitely...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...