Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween 2006

"Halloween, strange things seen, ghosts may walk, skeletons talk...on Halloween"

I remember that line from a song back in grade school. Can't remember any more than that much, though.

This year Halloween is, again, quiet. That's fine. Back in my other life up north I used to host a huge Halloween party for adults. Funny how people eventually got into it. It sort of brought out the kid in everyone. I miss being that big dorky host!

So tomorrow is November 1, or as we Catholics know it, "All Saints Day", followed on Nov. 2 by "All Souls Day". It's also the time for the Mexican Day of the Dead, to celebrate the memory of loved ones who have died. Actually, although some see this as sort of morbid, it's a nice way to commemorate those we love and have lost in the past year. May our memory of them endure.

It's a nice day for a white wedding, it's a nice day to start again! (with apologies to Billy Idol)

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...