Monday, May 29, 2006

X-Men III - a worthy follow-up

Colossus
I've been reading the X-Men franchise of comics since around 1975 and the age of 9, and I have to say the movie adaptations have been solid. I just saw X-Men III: the Last Stand, and I have to say it maintained the high standard of the other two films. I know there's always some changing in the translation to film, but the spirit has been kept intact. The newest film does a great job of keeping things moving and still balancing the characters (there are many, many characters). Nice intro to Beast and Angel. Kitty Pryde got some nice scenes, and it was great to see Colossus a bit more! The steel-skinned strongman has always been my favorite for some reason. I also liked how they brought in Juggernaut; it would have been nice to see him go head-to-head with Colossus. Overall, I think there will be a few more X-Men films! Cool!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...