Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I likes me some 'o that Daylight Savings Time

Man, I love the spring as the temps get into the 60s and 70s and the days are increasing. It's great to get home from work and still have a few hours of sunlight. It certainly improves my mood. When I lived in northwest Minnesota 90 miles south of the Canadian border this time of year was always something to look forward to. I recall in June there was still light in the western sky at 10:30 p.m.! And when I visited my sister in Alaska in June, it was great because it never really got dark.

I'm fairly certain that I have SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'm usually in the best mood with increasing daylight hours in April, May, and June. Conversely, I begin to feel increasingly ornery in October, November and December. I think November is the worst by far. Usually if I can make it through to Thankgiving I level off.

I'd be totally supportive if sunrise was always at 7:30 a.m. and sunset at 10 p.m. Oh well, cycles are nature's way. Without all the dark crappy weather in November, I guess I wouldn't appreciate the light happy weather of April as much.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...