Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tired and a little lonely

Wow! It's been a busy and stressful week at work--lots of little fires to put out, lots of politics, and just a sheer amount of stuff to get done! I'm wiped out when I get home, where I'm thankful it's quiet. I can just relax and recharge my batteries

Still, it can be too quiet. Lately there are moments when I really wish I had someone to share my life with--or even just a good friend or two to go have a beer with. Thankfully, I have received phone calls from a few very good friends who are, quite frankly, too far away for my preference. And there are a few people I miss who aren't that far away but are just too busy I guess.

I just haven't met "my kind of people" (and I use that phrase only because I don't have any better way to capture what I mean) here in Sioux Falls yet--not that anyone's been particularly unfriendly to me or anything--and not that I'm particularly snobbish (at least I don't think I am...maybe a little shy, but not snobbish). I just haven't met many people here that I can say I feel particularly close to, which is too bad, because I could really use a few close friends around me right now. I miss the people I called friends back in my "old life" in Crookston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is getting harder and harder to connect with people, especially when they all have cell phones surgically attached to their ears...

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...