Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Empirical evidence

Currently, I am a very big fan of empirical (relying on or derived from observation or experiment or verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment) evidence--empirical evidence about anything: evolution, global warming, WMD, nature vs. nurture, genetics vs. choice, a Higher Power, quantifiable public opion, projections based on past data averages, etc. Our fearless leader 'king W. does not appear to care or seem to need to care about empirical evidence. Most of our religious leaders are ignoring empirical evidence. My faith that the Higher Power actually cares or can do anything about our individual situations is at an all time low--currently I have no empirical evidence to support that assertion. Sorry, but that's how I feel right now. I hope I am proven wrong, but until then...gimme empirical evidence or get outta my face.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...