Tuesday, December 20, 2005

...of vaccines and creationists...

Thanks, Gary Trudeau, for your Sunday comic of Dec. 18, 2005. You got me thinking that if creationists truly despise evolution and truly believe it is a fallacy, they should not choose to be vaccinated. Bacteriological science is based on the concept of evolution... that's why we have a new flu shot each year: because bacteria are perhaps the fastest evolving life form on earth.

Now before you send me hate mail, I'm not advocating that anyone be denied vaccines if they want them. I AM saying that it is quite hypocritical to say one is a dyed-in-the-wool creationist and then go out to get his or her vaccinations. If people's beliefs are stuck in the 15th century, should they really choose the benefits of the 21st century--especially those benefits brought about by something they don't believe actually exists: evolution? Just a thought as we enter the holiday season. ;)

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...