Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Don't panic!

So I got a chance to see the movie The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with my friend Charlie Blair this weekend. I'll admit I never read the books, but I did catch an episode or two of the British TV series. I have to say the movie was pretty enjoyable overall. Wacky, but in a good way.

My favorite part was the Infinite Improbability Drive, "a wonderful new method of crossing vast intersteller distances in a mere nothingth of a second without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace." Using the Infinite Improbability Drive a ship "passes simultaneously through every point in the universe. It is then possible to decide at which point you actually want to be at when improbatility levels decrease." The effects of this type of travel can be disconcerting as you see the crew turning into knit dolls, planets changing into flowers or fruitcakes, nuclear missiles spontaneously becoming sperm whales or bowls of petunias, etc. Still, it's fun sort of concept.

42 everyone, 42!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...