Wednesday, February 09, 2005

You can't go backwards

I realized last week that the old "you can't go home again" adage is pretty accurate. I drove up to Crookston to get some papers to the realtor. It was weird being back in the town in which I spent nearly 14 years. It was familiar, yet really different. The changes that are small and day-to-day when you live somewhere suddenly become major changes if you haven't been there in three months!

It was great to see the many friends I still have there--nice to know I could just sort of pick up where I left off--but it was still a little different. You can call it short term nostalgia, I guess. For a while it was just like I'd never left, but then something would remind me of that fact that I have been gone for seven months.

So, here I am, back in Sioux Falls, looking forward to what lies ahead. It is nice to know, however, that there are people back there I still care about and who seem to care about me...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...