Thursday, January 20, 2005

A good day, a sad song

Today was a great day at work--super busy, but very worthwhile for some reason. I just had a very positive attitude and vibe going all day. I didn't accomplish anything special above and beyond the norm. I guess I got a few ads and commercials lined up and finalized, which carries a certain amount of closure. But mainly I simply had this very enjoyably zen-like day living and appreciating things for what they were from moment to moment.

All the stranger, then, to cosider these lyrics from the song "Cheap Parades" by Holly Williams. I've really grown to like this song, and on the way home the lyrics just struck me as really beautiful:

I love you with more tears than any pain could ever bring me
I fight it most everyday
I hurt you with more truth than your own eyes could ever teach you
I'm tired of living this way, when I know it's wrong


I don't really know why they resonated so strongly, but they did. Weird.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...