Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A few of my favorite words...

I don't know why, but there a just a few words and word combinations I like hearing and/or saying:
  • mnemonic (I like the fact that there's a silent m)
  • juxtaposition (gotta love the xt combo, plus I like putting two disparate things next to each other and then saying "interesting juxtaposition, isn't it?")
  • paradox (another cool x word and interesting conceptually)
  • flabbergast and/or flummox (I never use these words, but I like them because they sort of confuse people)
  • curmudgeon (a grumpy sort--maybe because I'm slowly becoming one?)
  • entails (much better than involves or requires)
  • snarky (combines sarcasm and cynicism, but in a good way, "hey, that's a snarky remark!")
  • if (there are just so many possibilities...)

Okay, maybe this post is a bit light, but I like thinking about words, okay. Deal with it. I don't think I could put these all in one coherent sentence, however. Well, maybe I could...

If the snarky curmudgeon was flummoxed by a paradox, would it entail the juxtaposition of forgetting a mnemonic device?


No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...