Sunday, May 10, 2015

TV is the New Radio

So, since terrestrial radio is pretty much worthless across the board, more and more bands are exploring "corporate synergies" with ads on TV. No doubt you've seen the new series of Jeep ads that use this song, "Renegades" by X Ambassadors, as the backing music. It's an appropriate pairing, I think, as the song nicely matches with the image Jeep is selling. As a bonus, I think it's a damn good song. So this has been creeping into America's consciousness via those ads, and this past week the song started showing up on the charts as well as on SiriusXM's AltNation channel (of which I am a fan). Good for you, X Ambassadors!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...