Saturday, June 08, 2013

The latest from the Farewell Circuit

Minneapolis-based band the Farewell Circuit just released a new EP "We Were Wolves." I'm totally enamored of the title track. It's definitely got an indie sensibility with jangly guitars and such. But the lyrics make the song for me. Maybe it's a call to break out of our lives of quiet desperation as Thoreau said... The video certainly reinforces that theme. This song definitely deserves to be big on college radio at least. This is a band that created one of my favorite songs of 2010, "Christmas Bird" -- which was a b-side that really resonated with me at the time.

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...