Sunday, February 25, 2007

Four new bands you should know...

In my enduring quest to discover cool new music, I've come across four new bands that I really like. They are complex, yet tuneful! Check 'em out. I've included a link to the pages on MySpace, where you can stream a few of their songs.

Menomena - might be my favorite of these four... the CD cover/package for their latest release "Friend and Foe" gets bonus creativity points.

The Procession - are poppy and fun, vaguley reminiscent of the Beatles. Very tuneful and catchy -- and that's NOT a bad thing!

Future Clouds and Radar - have one of the coolest, strangest names for a band I've heard in a while. Their sound is very indie rock with interesting sonic flourishes.

Kay Kay and his Weathered Underground - another interesting name, another interesting band. I love the strings!

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...