Thursday, August 18, 2005

DDSDDS

Walking down the street this afternoon I noticed a truck pass by. On its side was Dakota Data Shred Document Destruction Services. It struck me with an odd mixture of feelings: amusement, pensiveness and security. First I laughed at the thought of exploding piles of paper. Next came to mind thoughts of monks in Europe during the Middle Ages and how they often spent many hours hand-copying books. Would they be appalled that documents were so plentiful in this day and age that we freely destroyed them on a very regular basis? I guess information these days is cheap... I know we destroy documents these days to protect privacy, etc. and, in the end, from my 21st century perspective I guess I was glad that an organization like Dakota Data Shred Document Destruction Services exists. Still, I wonder what it was like living in time when even being able to read was a skill that only the very rich and those darn monks possessed... Confetti, anyone?

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...