Thursday, April 21, 2005

Closing...

So I closed on my house sale today at 2:00 p.m. in Crookston, MN. I had driven up on Tuesday to check my renter out of the house and do a little fence repair. Wednesday was a busy day of cleaning and finalizing things. It was also a nice bonus to get together with good friends on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

On to Thursday. It was a little odd walking through the house as it stood totally empty with the thought that this time when I leave it's for good. IT was my first house and I had lived in it for four years. I really felt at home in that house, and it hosted many friends and loved ones over those four years. The guests during that time were the truest of friends. I have many fond memories of things that happened in that house, especially in the basement rec room. Sigh.

Oh well, I guess this spring is the time for closure on many things. The Crookston chapter of my life is now officially over. While I still have friends to visit there, I don't own anything there anymore. Only fond memories.

Ob la di, ob la da life goes on...

No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...