Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Best Video of the Year: Wintersleep's "Amerika"

wow! this gave me the chills! its lyric depth waxes poetic, and with the added imagery and symbolism it packs a punch... stunning, beautiful, sad, especially juxtaposed with the Trump speech on the TV at a climactic point. plus, it's nice to see meaningful rock these days. nice analysis here.
What am I gonna do?
I can't survive on my Amerika
If the worst is true
Is it just a waste of time? 
What am I trying to find?
Are you alive, oh my Amerika?
Perennial with the Earth
And freedom, love, and law, and life
Perennial with the Earth
My freedom, I don't wanna die





No comments:

100+ Favourite Songs of 2023

Good music is out there. I just need to do some sleuthing to find many of the songs that comprise this list. Here are 100-and-some songs I d...